2022年7月10日 星期日

波西1-1 7000 表

THE LIGHTNING THIEF

Percy Jackson and the Olympians – Book 1

Rick Riordan

Scanned by Cluttered Mind

I ACCIDENTALLY VAPORIZE
MY PRE-ALGEBRA TEACHER

LookI didn't want to be a half-blood.
If you're reading this because you think you might be onemy advice isclose this book right
nowBelieve whatever lie your mom or dad told you about your birthand try to lead a normal
life.
Being a half-blood is dangerousIt's scaryMost of the timeit gets you killed in painful,
nasty ways.
If you're a normal kidreading this because you think it's fictiongreatRead onI envy you
for being able to believe that none of this ever happened.
But if you recognize yourself in these pagesif you feel something stirring insidestop
reading immediatelyYou might be one of usAnd once you know thatit's only a matter of time
before they sense it tooand they'll come for you.
Don't say I didn't warn you.

My name is Percy Jackson.
I'm twelve years oldUntil a few months agoI was a boarding student at Yancy Academya
private school for troubled kids in upstate New York.
Am I a troubled kid?
YeahYou could say that.
I could start at any point in my short miserable life to prove itbut things really started going

bad last Maywhen our sixth-grade class took a field trip to Manhattan— twenty-eight mental-
case kids and two teachers on a yellow school busheading to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to

look at ancient Greek and Roman stuff.
I knowit sounds like tortureMost Yancy field trips were.
But Mr. Brunner, our Latin teacherwas leading this tripso I had hopes.
Mr. Brunner was this middle-aged guy in a motorized wheelchairHe had thinning hair and a
scruffy beard and a frayed tweed jacketwhich always smelled like coffeeYou wouldn't think
he'd be coolbut he told stories and jokes and let us play games in classHe also had this
awesome collection of Roman armor and weaponsso he was the only teacher whose class didn't
put me to sleep.
I hoped the trip would be okayAt leastI hoped that for once I wouldn't get in trouble.
Boywas I wrong.
Seebad things happen to me on field tripsLike at my fifth-grade schoolwhen we went to
the Saratoga battlefieldI had this accident with a Revolutionary War cannonI wasn't aiming for
the school busbut of course I got expelled anywayAnd before thatat my fourth-grade school,
when we took a behind-the-scenes tour of the Marine World shark poolI sort of hit the wrong
lever on the catwalk and our class took an unplanned swimAnd the time before that... Wellyou
get the idea.
This tripI was determined to be good.
All the way into the cityI put up with Nancy Bobofit, the freckly, redheaded kleptomaniac

girlhitting my best friend Grover in the back of the head with chunks of peanut butter-and-
ketchup sandwich.

Grover was an easy targetHe was scrawny. He cried when he got frustratedHe must've
been held back several gradesbecause he was the only sixth grader with acne and the start of a
wispy beard on his chinOn top of all thathe was crippledHe had a note excusing him from PE
for the rest of his life because he had some kind of muscular disease in his legsHe walked funny,
like every step hurt himbut don't let that fool youYou should've seen him run when it was
enchilada day in the cafeteria.
Anyway, Nancy Bobofit was throwing wads of sandwich that stuck in his curly brown hair,
and she knew I couldn't do anything back to her because I was already on probation. The
headmaster had threatened me with death by in-school suspension if anything badembarrassing,
or even mildly entertaining happened on this trip.
"I'm going to kill her," I mumbled.
Grover tried to calm me down. "It's okayI like peanut butter."
He dodged another piece of Nancy's lunch.
"That's it." I started to get upbut Grover pulled me back to my seat.
"You're already on probation," he reminded me. "You know who'll get blamed if anything
happens."
Looking back on itI wish I'd decked Nancy Bobofit right then and thereIn-school
suspension would've been nothing compared to the mess I was about to get myself into.
Mr. Brunner led the museum tour.
He rode up front in his wheelchairguiding us through the big echoey galleriespast marble
statues and glass cases full of really old black-and-orange pottery.
It blew my mind that this stuff had survived for two thousandthree thousand years.
He gathered us around a thirteen-foot-tall stone column with a big sphinx on the topand
started telling us how it was a grave markera stele, for a girl about our ageHe told us about the

carvings on the sidesI was trying to listen to what he had to saybecause it was kind of inter-
esting, but everybody around me was talkingand every time I told them to shut upthe other

teacher chaperone, Mrs. Dodds, would give me the evil eye.
Mrs. Dodds was this little math teacher from Georgia who always wore a black leather jacket,
even though she was fifty years oldShe looked mean enough to ride a Harley right into your

lockerShe had come to Yancy halfway through the yearwhen our last math teacher had a
nervous breakdown.
From her first dayMrs. Dodds loved Nancy Bobofit and figured I was devil spawn. She
would point her crooked finger at me and say, "Nowhoney," real sweetand I knew I was going
to get after-school detention for a month.
One timeafter she'd made me erase answers out of old math workbooks until midnightI told
Grover I didn't think Mrs. Dodds was humanHe looked at mereal seriousand said, "You're
absolutely right."
Mr. Brunner kept talking about Greek funeral art.
Finally, Nancy Bobofit snickered something about the naked guy on the stele, and I turned
around and said, "Will you shut up?"
It came out louder than I meant it to.
The whole group laughedMr. Brunner stopped his story.
"Mr. Jackson," he said, "did you have a comment?"
My face was totally redI said, "Nosir."
Mr. Brunner pointed to one of the pictures on the stele. "Perhaps you'll tell us what this
picture represents?"
I looked at the carvingand felt a flush of reliefbecause I actually recognized it. "That's
Kronos eating his kidsright?"
"Yes," Mr. Brunner saidobviously not satisfied. "And he did this because ..."
"Well..." I racked my brain to remember. "Kronos was the king godand—"
"God?" Mr. Brunner asked.
"Titan," I corrected myself. "And ... he didn't trust his kidswho were the godsSo, um,
Kronos ate themrightBut his wife hid baby Zeus, and gave Kronos a rock to eat insteadAnd
laterwhen Zeus grew uphe tricked his dad, Kronos, into barfing up his brothers and sisters—"
"Eeew!" said one of the girls behind me.

"—and so there was this big fight between the gods and the Titans," I continued, "and the
gods won."
Some snickers from the group.
Behind me, Nancy Bobofit mumbled to a friend, "Like we're going to use this in real life.
Like it's going to say on our job applications, 'Please explain why Kronos ate his kids.'"
"And whyMr. Jackson," Brunner said, "to paraphrase Miss Bobofit's excellent question,
does this matter in real life?"
"Busted," Grover muttered.
"Shut up," Nancy hissedher face even brighter red than her hair.
At least Nancy got packedtooMr. Brunner was the only one who ever caught her saying
anything wrongHe had radar ears.
I thought about his questionand shrugged. "I don't knowsir."
"I see." Mr. Brunner looked disappointed. "Wellhalf creditMr. Jackson. Zeus did indeed
feed Kronos a mixture of mustard and winewhich made him disgorge his other five children,
whoof coursebeing immortal godshad been living and growing up completely undigested in
the Titan's stomachThe gods defeated their fathersliced him to pieces with his own scythe, and
scattered his remains in Tartarus, the darkest part of the Underworld. On that happy noteit's time
for lunchMrs. Dodds, would you lead us back outside?"
The class drifted offthe girls holding their stomachsthe guys pushing each other around and
acting like doofuses.
Grover and I were about to follow when Mr. Brunner said, "Mr. Jackson."
I knew that was coming.
I told Grover to keep goingThen I turned toward Mr. Brunner. "Sir?"
Mr. Brunner had this look that wouldn't let you go— intense brown eyes that could've been a
thousand years old and had seen everything.
"You must learn the answer to my question," Mr. Brunner told me.
"About the Titans?"

"About real lifeAnd how your studies apply to it."
"Oh."
"What you learn from me," he said, "is vitally importantI expect you to treat it as suchI will
accept only the best from you, Percy Jackson."
I wanted to get angrythis guy pushed me so hard.
I meansureit was kind of cool on tournament dayswhen he dressed up in a suit of Roman
armor and shouted: "What ho!'" and challenged ussword-point against chalkto run to the board
and name every Greek and Roman person who had ever livedand their motherand what god
they worshippedBut Mr. Brunner expected me to be as good as everybody elsedespite the fact
that I have dyslexia and attention deficit disorder and I had never made above a C— in my life.
Nohe didn't expect me to be as goodhe expected me to be betterAnd I just couldn't learn all
those names and factsmuch less spell them correctly.
I mumbled something about trying harderwhile Mr. Brunner took one long sad look at the
stele, like he'd been at this girl's funeral.
He told me to go outside and eat my lunch.
The class gathered on the front steps of the museumwhere we could watch the foot traffic along
Fifth Avenue.
Overheada huge storm was brewingwith clouds blacker than I'd ever seen over the cityI
figured maybe it was global warming or somethingbecause the weather all across New York
state had been weird since ChristmasWe'd had massive snow stormsflooding, wildfires from
lightning strikesI wouldn't have been surprised if this was a hurricane blowing in.
Nobody else seemed to noticeSome of the guys were pelting pigeons with Lunchables
crackers. Nancy Bobofit was trying to pickpocket something from a lady's purseandof course,
Mrs. Dodds wasn't seeing a thing.
Grover and I sat on the edge of the fountainaway from the othersWe thought that maybe if
we did thateverybody wouldn't know we were from that schoolthe school for loser freaks who
couldn't make it elsewhere.
"Detention?" Grover asked.
"Nah," I said. "Not from Brunner. I just wish he'd lay off me sometimesI meanI'm not a
genius."

Grover didn't say anything for a whileThenwhen I thought he was going to give me some
deep philosophical comment to make me feel betterhe said, "Can I have your apple?"
I didn't have much of an appetiteso I let him take it.
I watched the stream of cabs going down Fifth Avenueand thought about my mom's
apartmentonly a little ways uptown from where we sat. I hadn't seen her since ChristmasI
wanted so bad to jump in a taxi and head homeShe'd hug me and be glad to see mebut she'd be
disappointedtooShe'd send me right back to Yancy, remind me that I had to try hardereven if
this was my sixth school in six years and I was probably going to be kicked out againI wouldn't
be able to stand that sad look she'd give me.
Mr. Brunner parked his wheelchair at the base of the handicapped ramp. He ate celery while
he read a paperback novelA red umbrella stuck up from the back of his chairmaking it look like
a motorized cafe table.
I was about to unwrap my sandwich when Nancy Bobofit appeared in front of me with her
ugly friendsI guess she'd gotten tired of stealing from the touristsand dumped her half-eaten
lunch in Grover's lap.
"Oops." She grinned at me with her crooked teethHer freckles were orangeas if somebody
had spray-painted her face with liquid Cheetos.
I tried to stay coolThe school counselor had told me a million times, "Count to tenget
control of your temper." But I was so mad my mind went blankA wave roared in my ears.
I don't remember touching herbut the next thing I knew, Nancy was sitting on her butt in the
fountainscreaming, "Percy pushed me!"
Mrs. Dodds materialized next to us.
Some of the kids were whispering: "Did you see—"
"—the water—"
"—like it grabbed her—"
I didn't know what they were talking aboutAll I knew was that I was in trouble again.
As soon as Mrs. Dodds was sure poor little Nancy was okaypromising to get her a new shirt
at the museum gift shopetc.etc.Mrs. Dodds turned on meThere was a triumphant fire in her
eyesas if I'd done something she'd been waiting for all semester. "Nowhoney—"

"I know," I grumbled. "A month erasing workbooks."
That wasn't the right thing to say.
"Come with me," Mrs. Dodds said.
"Wait!" Grover yelped. "It was meI pushed her."
I stared at himstunnedI couldn't believe he was trying to cover for meMrs. Dodds scared
Grover to death.
She glared at him so hard his whiskery chin trembled.
"I don't think soMr. Underwood," she said.
"But—"
"Youwillstayhere."
Grover looked at me desperately.
"It's okayman," I told him. "Thanks for trying."
"Honey," Mrs. Dodds barked at me. "Now."
Nancy Bobofit smirked.
I gave her my deluxe I'll-kill-you-later stareThen I turned to face Mrs. Dodds, but she wasn't
thereShe was standing at the museum entranceway at the top of the stepsgesturing impatiently
at me to come on.
How'd she get there so fast?

I have moments like that a lotwhen my brain falls asleep or somethingand the next thing I
know I've missed somethingas if a puzzle piece fell out of the universe and left me staring at the
blank place behind itThe school counselor told me this was part of the ADHD, my brain
misinterpreting things.
I wasn't so sure.
I went after Mrs. Dodds.

Halfway up the stepsI glanced back at Grover. He was looking palecutting his eyes
between me and Mr. Brunner, like he wanted Mr. Brunner to notice what was going onbut Mr.
Brunner was absorbed in his novel.
I looked back upMrs. Dodds had disappeared againShe was now inside the buildingat the
end of the entrance hall.
OkayI thoughtShe's going to make me buy a new shirt for Nancy at the gift shop.
But apparently that wasn't the plan.
I followed her deeper into the museumWhen I finally caught up to herwe were back in the
Greek and Roman section.
Except for usthe gallery was empty.
Mrs. Dodds stood with her arms crossed in front of a big marble frieze of the Greek godsShe
was making this weird noise in her throatlike growling.
Even without the noiseI would've been nervousIt's weird being alone with a teacher,
especially Mrs. Dodds. Something about the way she looked at the frieze, as if she wanted to
pulverize it...
"You've been giving us problemshoney," she said.
I did the safe thingI said, "Yesma'am."
She tugged on the cuffs of her leather jacket. "Did you really think you would get away with
it?"
The look in her eyes was beyond madIt was evil.
She's a teacherI thought nervouslyIt's not like she's going to hurt me.
I said, "I'llI'll try harderma'am."
Thunder shook the building.
"We are not fools, Percy Jackson," Mrs. Dodds said. "It was only a matter of time before we
found you outConfessand you will suffer less pain."
I didn't know what she was talking about.

All I could think of was that the teachers must've found the illegal stash of candy I'd been
selling out of my dorm roomOr maybe they'd realized I got my essay on Tom Sawyer from the
Internet without ever reading the book and now they were going to take away my gradeOr
worsethey were going to make me read the book.
"Well?" she demanded.
"Ma'amI don't..."
"Your time is up," she hissed.
Then the weirdest thing happenedHer eyes began to glow like barbecue coalsHer fingers
stretchedturning into talons. Her jacket melted into large, leathery wingsShe wasn't humanShe
was a shriveled hag with bat wings and claws and a mouth full of yellow fangs, and she was
about to slice me to ribbons.
Then things got even stranger.
Mr. Brunner, who'd been out in front of the museum a minute beforewheeled his chair into
the doorway of the galleryholding a pen in his hand.
"What ho, Percy!" he shoutedand tossed the pen through the air.
Mrs. Dodds lunged at me.
With a yelp, I dodged and felt talons slash the air next to my earI snatched the ballpoint pen
out of the airbut when it hit my handit wasn't a pen anymoreIt was a swordMr. Brunner's
bronze swordwhich he always used on tournament day.
Mrs. Dodds spun toward me with a murderous look in her eyes.
My knees were jellyMy hands were shaking so bad I almost dropped the sword.
She snarled, "Diehoney!"
And she flew straight at me.
Absolute terror ran through my bodyI did the only thing that came naturallyI swung the
sword.
The metal blade hit her shoulder and passed clean through her body as if she were made of
water. Hisss!

Mrs. Dodds was a sand castle in a power fanShe exploded into yellow powder, vaporized on
the spotleaving nothing but the smell of sulfur and a dying screech and a chill of evil in the air,
as if those two glowing red eyes were still watching me.
I was alone.
There was a ballpoint pen in my hand.
Mr. Brunner wasn't thereNobody was there but me.
My hands were still tremblingMy lunch must've been contaminated with magic mushrooms
or something.
Had I imagined the whole thing?
I went back outside.
It had started to rain.
Grover was sitting by the fountaina museum map tented over his head. Nancy Bobofit was
still standing theresoaked from her swim in the fountaingrumbling to her ugly friendsWhen
she saw meshe said, "I hope Mrs. Kerr whipped your butt."
I said, "Who?"
"Our teacher. Duh!"
I blinkedWe had no teacher named Mrs. Kerr. I asked Nancy what she was talking about.
She just rolled her eyes and turned away.
I asked Grover where Mrs. Dodds was.
He said, "Who?"
But he paused firstand he wouldn't look at meso I thought he was messing with me.
"Not funnyman," I told him. "This is serious."
Thunder boomed overhead.
I saw Mr. Brunner sitting under his red umbrellareading his bookas if he'd never moved.

I went over to him.
He looked upa little distracted. "Ah, that would be my penPlease bring your own writing
utensil in the futureMr. Jackson."
I handed Mr. Brunner his penI hadn't even realized I was still holding it.
"Sir," I said, "where's Mrs. Dodds?"
He stared at me blankly. "Who?"
"The other chaperone. Mrs. Dodds. The pre-algebra teacher."
He frowned and sat forwardlooking mildly concerned. "Percy, there is no Mrs. Dodds on
this tripAs far as I knowthere has never been a Mrs. Dodds at Yancy AcademyAre you feeling
all right?"

THREE OLD LADIES KNIT

THE SOCKS OF DEATH 














序號 英文 級別 中文

2 139 1 absolute 4 [形容詞] 絕對的;完全的

3 82 2 absolutely 4 [形容詞] absolute(絕對的;完全的) 的衍生的副詞

4 47 3 absorbed 4 [動詞] absorb(吸收(液體,氣體,光,聲等)) 的過去式及過去分詞

5 28 4 academy 6 [名詞] 學院;大學;研究院

6 23 5 accept 2 [動詞] 接受

319 6 accident 2 [名詞] 事故;災禍

7 accidentally 4 [形容詞] accidental(偶然的;意外的) 的衍生的副詞

8 acne 6 [名詞] 粉刺

9 actually 2 [形容詞] actual(實際的;事實上的) 的衍生的副詞

10 advice 2 [名詞] 忠告

11 against 2 [介系詞] 反對

12 aiming 2 [動詞] aim(瞄準,對準) 的現在分詞

13 algebra 6 [名詞] 代數

14 alone 2 [形容詞] 單獨的;孤單的; [副詞] 單獨地;獨自地

15 ancient 2 [形容詞] 古代的

16 anyway 2 [副詞] 不管怎樣

17 apparently 4 [形容詞] apparent(明顯的,顯而易見的) 的衍生的副詞

18 appetite 2 [名詞] 胃口,食慾

19 applications 4 [名詞] application(申請) 的複數

20 apply 2 [動詞] 塗,敷;應用

21 arms 4 [名詞] 武器;戰爭;戰鬥;兵役

22 asleep 2 [形容詞] 睡著的

23 attention 2 [名詞] 注意;專心

24 avenue 3 [名詞] 大街,大道

25 awesome 6 [形容詞] 令人敬畏的;非凡的

26 barbecue 2 [動詞] (在戶外)烤,炙(肉類); [名詞] 烤肉

27 barked 2 [動詞] bark(狗叫;咆哮) 的過去式及過去分詞

28 base 2 [動詞] 以...為基地; [名詞] 基;底;基部

29 beard 2 [名詞] 鬍子

30 being 2 [名詞] 存在;生存;生命;本質

31 better 2 [形容詞] 較佳的;更好的;更適當的; [動詞] 改善;提高;超過;變得較好; [副詞] 更好地;更適當地; [名詞] (人或事物)較優者,較好者

32 beyond 2 [副詞] 在更遠處; [介系詞] 越出;在...那一邊

33 birth 2 [名詞] 出生;起源

34 blade 4 [名詞] 刀片;葉片;葉片狀物

35 blamed 2 [動詞] blame(歸咎於) 的過去式及過去分詞

36 blank 2 [形容詞] 空白的;空的,無內容的;茫然的; [名詞] 空白

37 blankly 2 [形容詞] blank(空白的;空的,無內容的;茫然的) 的衍生的副詞

38 blinked 4 [動詞] blink(眨眼睛;閃爍) 的過去式及過去分詞

39 blood 2 [名詞] 血

40 board 2 [動詞] 上車;上船; [名詞] 木板;膳食;車上;船上; 董事會

41 boarding 2 [動詞] board(上車;上船) 的現在分詞

42 boomed 5 [動詞] boom(發出隆隆聲;激增;暴漲;興旺) 的過去式及過去分詞

43 brain 2 [名詞] 腦;智力,頭腦

44 breakdown 6 [名詞] 故障;損壞;崩潰;分析

45 bronze 5 [形容詞] 青銅製的;青銅色的; [名詞] 青銅;青銅製品;古銅色

46 building 2 [名詞] 建築物

47 cafe 2 [名詞] 小餐館,咖啡館

48 cafeteria 3 [名詞] 自助餐館

49 calm 2 [形容詞] 寧靜的; [動詞] 變安靜;使鎮定; [名詞] 安靜;鎮定;平靜;無風

50 carving 4 [動詞] carve(刻,雕刻) 的現在分詞

51 castle 2 [名詞] 城堡

52 celery 6 [名詞] 芹菜

53 chair 6 [名詞] 椅子

54 chalk 2 [動詞] 使變白;畫出...的草圖;規劃;記下; [名詞] 粉筆

55 challenged 2 [動詞] challenge(對...提出異議) 的過去式及過去分詞

56 chill 3 [形容詞] 涼颼颼的; [動詞] 使變冷;使打寒顫;使掃興,使沮喪; [名詞] 寒冷,寒氣

57 chin 3 [名詞] 下巴

58 chunks 5 [名詞] chunk((肉、木材等的)大塊;厚片) 的複數

59 claws 4 [動詞] claw(用爪子抓) 的第三人稱單數現在式; [名詞] claw((動物的)爪,腳爪;(蟹,蝦等的)鉗,螯) 的複數

60 coals 2 [名詞] coal(煤) 的複數

61 collection 3 [名詞] 收集

62 column 3 [名詞] (報紙的)欄,段;行

63 comment 4 [動詞] 評論; [名詞] 評論

64 compared 2 [動詞] compare(比較) 的過去式及過去分詞

65 completely 2 [形容詞] complete(完整的;徹底的) 的衍生的副詞

66 concerned 2 [動詞] concern(使擔心) 的過去式及過去分詞

67 confess 4 [動詞] 坦白,供認,承認

68 contaminated 5 [動詞] contaminate(弄髒;污染) 的過去式及過去分詞

69 continued 2 [動詞] continue(繼續) 的過去式及過去分詞

70 control 2 [動詞] 控制; [名詞] 支配;控制;操縱裝置;指揮部

71 counselor 5 [名詞] 顧問;(學生的)輔導員;律師

72 crackers 6 [名詞] cracker((淡或鹹的)薄脆餅乾;鞭炮) 的複數

73 credit 3 [動詞] 把...記入貸方; [名詞] 信用;貸方

74 crippled 5 [動詞] cripple(使成跛子;使殘廢) 的過去式及過去分詞

75 defeated 4 [動詞] defeat(戰勝,擊敗) 的過去式及過去分詞

76 deficit 5 [名詞] 不足額;赤字

77 demanded 4 [動詞] demand(強烈要求,請求) 的過去式及過去分詞

78 desperately 4 [形容詞] desperate(極度渴望的) 的衍生的副詞

79 despite 4 [介系詞] 不管,儘管,任憑

80 detention 6 [名詞] 滯留;拘留

81 determined 3 [動詞] determine(決定) 的過去式及過去分詞

82 devil 3 [名詞] 魔鬼,惡魔

83 disappeared 2 [動詞] disappear(消失) 的過去式及過去分詞

84 disappointed 4 [動詞] disappoint(使失望) 的過去式及過去分詞

85 disease 2 [名詞] 病,疾病

86 disorder 4 [動詞] 使混亂;擾亂; [名詞] 混亂,無秩序; 不適,小病

87 distracted 5 [動詞] distract(轉移(目標);使分心) 的過去式及過去分詞

88 dodged 4 [動詞] dodge(閃開;迴避) 的過去式及過去分詞

89 doorway 5 [名詞] 出入口;門口

90 dorm 6 [名詞] 宿舍

91 drifted 4 [動詞] drift(漂,漂流) 的過去式及過去分詞

92 dumped 3 [動詞] dump(傾倒;拋棄) 的過去式及過去分詞

93 dying 4 [動詞] dye(把...染上顏色) 的現在分詞

94 edge 2 [動詞] 使鋒利;使漸進; [名詞] 邊緣;優勢

95 elsewhere 4 [副詞] 在別處;往別處

96 embarrassing 4 [動詞] embarrass(使困窘) 的現在分詞

97 empty 2 [形容詞] 空的; [動詞] 倒空;流空

98 entertaining 4 [動詞] entertain(招待,款待) 的現在分詞

99 entrance 2 [名詞] 入口

100 envy 3 [動詞] 羨慕;嫉妒; [名詞] 妒忌;羨慕

101 erase 3 [動詞] 擦掉,抹去

102 erasing 3 [動詞] erase(擦掉,抹去) 的現在分詞

103 especially 2 [副詞] 特別地

104 essay 2 [名詞] 論說文;散文

105 evil 2 [形容詞] 邪惡的; [名詞] 邪惡,罪惡

106 excusing 2 [動詞] excuse(原諒;借光) 的現在分詞

107 exploded 3 [動詞] explode(使爆炸) 的過去式及過去分詞

108 feeling 2 [名詞] 感覺

109 fiction 4 [名詞] 小說

110 field 2 [名詞] 原野;田賽場地;野外

111 figured 2 [動詞] figure(估計;描繪) 的過去式及過去分詞

112 finally 2 [形容詞] final(最終的) 的衍生的副詞

113 flooding 3 [動詞] flood(淹沒;使泛濫) 的現在分詞

114 flush 4 [動詞] 湧;湧流;沖洗(抽水馬桶);發紅; [名詞] 臉紅,皮膚發紅;同花的一手牌

115 forward 2 [形容詞] 前面的; [動詞] 轉遞; [副詞] 向前地; [名詞] 前鋒

116 found 2 [動詞] 建立;建造;鑄造;熔化

117 fountain 3 [名詞] 泉水;噴泉;水源

118 freaks 6 [動詞] freak(使瘋狂;使反常) 的第三人稱單數現在式; [名詞] freak(畸形人(或動植物);反常現象;怪人) 的複數

119 frowned 4 [動詞] frown(皺眉;表示不滿) 的過去式及過去分詞

120 frustrated 4 [動詞] frustrate(挫敗;阻撓) 的過去式及過去分詞

121 funeral 4 [名詞] 喪葬,葬儀

122 galleries 4 [名詞] gallery(畫廊,美術館) 的複數

123 gallery 4 [名詞] 畫廊,美術館

124 gathered 2 [動詞] gather(集合) 的過去式及過去分詞

125 genius 4 [名詞] 天才

126 gesturing 3 [動詞] gesture(做手勢,用動作示意) 的現在分詞

127 glanced 3 [動詞] glance(看一下,一瞥;掃視) 的過去式及過去分詞

128 glared 5 [動詞] glare(怒目注視;眩目地照射) 的過去式及過去分詞

129 global 3 [形容詞] 全世界的

130 glow 3 [動詞] 發白熱光,灼熱; [名詞] 灼熱;光輝

131 glowing 3 [動詞] glow(發白熱光,灼熱) 的現在分詞

132 grabbed 3 [動詞] grab(攫取,抓取) 的過去式及過去分詞

133 grave 4 [形容詞] 嚴重的;嚴肅的,認真的; [名詞] 墓穴

134 grinned 3 [動詞] grin(露齒而笑) 的過去式及過去分詞

135 growling 6 [動詞] growl((狗等)嗥叫;(人)咆哮) 的現在分詞

136 grumbled 6 [動詞] grumble(發牢騷;咕噥;發轟隆聲) 的過去式及過去分詞

137 grumbling 6 [動詞] grumble(發牢騷;咕噥;發轟隆聲) 的現在分詞

138 guiding 2 [動詞] guide(引導) 的現在分詞

139 hall 2 [名詞] 大廳;講堂

140 handicapped 6 [動詞] handicap(妨礙,使不利) 的過去式及過去分詞

141 hug 3 [動詞] 摟抱; [名詞] 緊抱;擁抱

142 huge 2 [形容詞] 巨大的

143 human 2 [形容詞] 人類的; [名詞] 人

144 hurricane 4 [名詞] 颶風,暴風雨

145 imagined 2 [動詞] imagine(想像) 的過去式及過去分詞

146 immediately 3 [形容詞] immediate(即刻的) 的衍生的副詞

147 impatiently 2 [形容詞] patient(有耐心的,能忍受的) 的字首加-im,變成否定

148 indeed 2 [副詞] 確實,實在

149 instead 2 [副詞] 反而,卻

150 intense 4 [形容詞] 強烈的,劇烈的

151 Internet 2 [名詞] 網際網路

152 jelly 3 [名詞] 果凍;果醬

153 ketchup 2 [名詞] 番茄醬

154 knit 3 [動詞] 編織; [名詞] 編織衣物

155 ladies 2 [名詞] lady(淑女) 的複數

156 lady 2 [名詞] 淑女

157 lap 2 [名詞] 膝部;(衣,裙等的)下襬

158 lay 2 [動詞] 置放;產卵

159 leather 3 [名詞] 皮革

160 lightning 3 [名詞] 閃電

161 liquid 2 [名詞] 液體

162 locker 6 [名詞] (公共場所的)衣物櫃

163 loser 3 [名詞] 輸家

164 ma'am 6 [名詞] 女士

165 marble 3 [名詞] 大理石

166 marine 5 [形容詞] 海的;海生的;海軍陸戰隊的; [名詞] 船舶;海運業;海軍陸戰隊隊員

167 marker 3 [名詞] 標誌;白板筆;馬克筆

168 massive 5 [形容詞] 厚實的;粗大的;大量的

169 melted 3 [動詞] melt(融化;熔化) 的過去式; [動詞] melt(融化;熔化) 的過去分詞

170 mental 3 [形容詞] 精神的,心理的

171 mess 3 [動詞] 弄髒,弄亂; [名詞] 混亂,凌亂的狀態

172 messing 3 [動詞] mess(弄髒,弄亂) 的現在分詞

173 metal 2 [形容詞] 金屬的; [名詞] 金屬

174 metropolitan 5 [形容詞] 大都市的; [名詞] 大城市人

175 midnight 2 [名詞] 午夜

176 mildly 4 [形容詞] mild(溫和的,溫柔的) 的衍生的副詞

177 miserable 4 [形容詞] 悽慘的;悲哀的

178 mixture 2 [名詞] 混合,混和

179 mumbled 5 [動詞] mumble(含糊地說;咕噥) 的過去式及過去分詞

180 muscular 5 [形容詞] 肌肉的;健壯的

181 mushrooms 3 [動詞] mushroom(雨後春筍般地湧現) 的第三人稱單數現在式; [名詞] mushroom(蘑菇) 的複數

182 mustard 5 [名詞] 芥末;芥菜;芥末色

183 naked 3 [形容詞] 裸體的

184 nasty 5 [形容詞] 齷齪的;卑鄙的;難處理的

185 naturally 2 [形容詞] natural(天然的) 的衍生的副詞

186 nervous 2 [形容詞] 緊張的

187 nervously 2 [形容詞] nervous(緊張的) 的衍生的副詞

188 none 2 [副詞] 毫不,決不; [代名詞] 毫無;無一(人或物)

189 normal 3 [形容詞] 正常的,正規的

190 novel 2 [形容詞] 新的,新穎的,新奇的; [名詞] 小說

191 obviously 2 [形容詞] obvious(明顯的;顯著的) 的衍生的副詞

192 overhead 5 [形容詞] 在上頭的;高架的; [副詞] 在頭頂上;在上頭;高高地; [名詞] 經常費用;天花板

193 pain 2 [動詞] 使煩惱,使痛苦;使疼痛; [名詞] 疼痛;痛苦

194 painful 2 [形容詞] 痛的

195 pale 2 [形容詞] 蒼白的;黯淡的

196 paperback 6 [名詞] 平裝本

197 paused 3 [動詞] pause(中止) 的過去式及過去分詞

198 peanut 3 [名詞] 花生;花生果;花生米

199 philosophical 4 [形容詞] 哲學的

200 pickpocket 6 [名詞] 扒手

201 pigeons 3 [名詞] pigeon(鴿子) 的複數

202 pottery 3 [名詞] 陶器

203 powder 3 [動詞] 變成粉末;搽粉; [名詞] 粉

204 private 2 [形容詞] 私人的

205 probably 3 [形容詞] probable(很可能發生的) 的衍生的副詞

206 promising 4 [形容詞] 有希望的,有前途的

207 promising 2 [動詞] promise(答應) 的現在分詞

208 prove 2 [動詞] 證明,證實

209 purse 3 [名詞] 錢包

210 puzzle 2 [動詞] 使迷惑; [名詞] 謎

211 racked 5 [動詞] rack(把...放在架子上) 的過去式及過去分詞

212 radar 4 [名詞] 雷達

213 realized 2 [動詞] realize(認知;實現) 的過去式及過去分詞

214 recognize 3 [動詞] 識別;認識;承認

215 recognized 3 [動詞] recognize(識別;認識;承認) 的過去式及過去分詞

216 relief 3 [名詞] 緩和,減輕;解除

217 remains 3 [動詞] remain(剩下,餘留) 的第三人稱單數現在式

218 remind 3 [動詞] 提醒

219 reminded 3 [動詞] remind(提醒) 的過去式及過去分詞

220 represents 3 [動詞] represent(象徵;表示) 的第三人稱單數現在式

221 revolutionary 4 [形容詞] 革命的; [名詞] 革命者

222 ribbons 3 [名詞] ribbon(緞帶;絲帶) 的複數

223 roared 3 [動詞] roar(吼叫;大聲叫喊;狂笑) 的過去式及過去分詞

224 sand 2 [動詞] 磨光;以沙堵塞; [名詞] 沙

225 sandwich 2 [動詞] 將..夾在中間,擠進; [名詞] 三明治

226 satisfied 2 [動詞] satisfy(使滿意) 的過去式及過去分詞

227 saw 2 [動詞] 鋸;鋸開; [名詞] 鋸子;鋸條

228 scanned 5 [動詞] scan(細看;審視) 的過去式及過去分詞

229 scared 2 [形容詞] 害怕的; [動詞] scare(驚嚇,使恐懼) 的過去式及過去分詞

230 scary 3 [形容詞] 膽小的;提心吊膽的

231 scattered 3 [動詞] scatter(使分散;使潰散) 的過去式及過去分詞

232 scenes 2 [名詞] scene(景色;場面) 的複數

233 screaming 3 [動詞] scream(尖叫;放聲大哭) 的現在分詞

234 section 2 [名詞] 節;斷面

235 seemed 2 [動詞] seem(似乎是) 的過去式及過去分詞

236 semester 3 [名詞] 學期

237 sense 2 [動詞] 意識到;了解,領會; [名詞] 感官;官能

238 shark 2 [名詞] 鯊魚

239 shrugged 5 [動詞] shrug(聳(肩)) 的過去式及過去分詞

240 shut 2 [形容詞] 關閉的,關上的; [動詞] 關閉; [動詞] shut(關閉) 的過去式及過去分詞

241 slash 6 [動詞] (用刀;劍等)砍;大幅度削減; [名詞] 猛砍;亂砍;大幅度削減

242 slice 3 [動詞] 切成薄片; [名詞] 薄片

243 sliced 3 [動詞] slice(切成薄片) 的過去式及過去分詞

244 snatched 5 [動詞] snatch(奪走;抓住) 的過去式及過去分詞

245 soaked 5 [動詞] soak(浸泡;使濕透) 的過去式及過去分詞

246 socks 2 [名詞] sock(短襪) 的複數

247 sort 2 [動詞] 把...分類; [名詞] 類型;排序

248 spot 2 [動詞] 沾污;注意到; [名詞] 斑點;場所

249 spray 3 [動詞] 噴灑,噴塗; [名詞] 浪花;噴霧

250 spun 3 [動詞] spin(使(陀螺等)旋轉) 的過去式及過去分詞

251 stare 3 [動詞] 盯,凝視; [名詞] 凝視,注視

252 stared 3 [動詞] stare(盯,凝視) 的過去式及過去分詞

253 staring 3 [動詞] stare(盯,凝視) 的現在分詞

254 state 2 [動詞] 陳述

255 statues 3 [名詞] statue(雕像,塑像) 的複數

256 stealing 3 [動詞] steal(偷竊) 的現在分詞

257 step 2 [動詞] 跨(步);踏(腳); [名詞] 步;臺階

258 steps 2 [動詞] step(跨(步);踏(腳)) 的第三人稱單數現在式; [名詞] step(步;臺階) 的複數

259 stirring 3 [動詞] stir(攪拌,攪動) 的現在分詞

260 stomach 3 [名詞] 胃

261 stomachs 3 [名詞] stomach(胃) 的複數

262 stone 2 [動詞] 用石頭鋪;用磨刀石磨; [名詞] 石頭; [名詞] stone(石頭) 的複數

263 storm 2 [動詞] 猛攻; [名詞] 暴風雨

264 storms 2 [動詞] storm(猛攻) 的第三人稱單數現在式; [名詞] storm(暴風雨) 的複數

265 stranger 2 [名詞] 陌生人

266 stream 2 [動詞] 流;蜂擁而進; [名詞] 溪流

267 stretched 2 [動詞] stretch(舒展肢體,伸懶腰) 的過去式及過去分詞

268 strikes 2 [動詞] strike(打擊;(鐘)敲響) 的第三人稱單數現在式; [名詞] strike(攻擊;罷工) 的複數

269 stuck 2 [動詞] stick(黏貼;刺;戮;釘住;插牢;堅持) 的過去式及過去分詞

270 stuff 3 [動詞] 裝;填;塞; [名詞] 材料,原料;物品

271 stunned 6 [動詞] stun(使昏迷;使大吃一驚) 的過去式及過去分詞

272 such 2 [形容詞] 如此的; [代名詞] 這樣的人(或事物);上述的人(或事物)

273 suffer 3 [動詞] 遭受;經歷;受苦;患病

274 suit 2 [動詞] 適合;相稱;彼此協調; [名詞] 一套衣服;訴訟

275 survived 2 [動詞] survive(在...之後仍然活著) 的過去式及過去分詞

276 suspension 6 [名詞] 暫停;中止;停職

277 swim 2 [動詞] 游泳; [名詞] 游泳;暈眩,眼花;潮流

278 sword 3 [名詞] 劍,刀

279 swung 2 [動詞] swing(搖擺;揮動) 的過去式及過去分詞

280 target 2 [動詞] 把...作為目標(或對象); [名詞] 目標

281 temper 3 [名詞] 情緒;脾氣;暴躁

282 terror 4 [名詞] 恐怖,驚駭

283 thief 2 [名詞] 小偷

284 thought 2 [名詞] 思想

285 threatened 3 [動詞] threaten(威脅,恐嚇) 的過去式及過去分詞

286 thunder 2 [動詞] 打雷;大聲斥責;威嚇; [名詞] 雷

287 tired 2 [動詞] tire(疲勞) 的過去式及過去分詞

288 torture 4 [動詞] 拷打;拷問;折磨; [名詞] 拷打;酷刑;折磨

289 tossed 3 [動詞] toss(拋,扔,投) 的過去式及過去分詞

290 tour 2 [動詞] 帶...作巡迴演出; [名詞] 旅行

291 tourists 3 [名詞] tourist(旅遊者,觀光者) 的複數

292 tournament 5 [名詞] 比賽;錦標賽

293 toward 2 [介系詞] 向;對

294 trembled 4 [動詞] tremble(發抖;震顫) 的過去式及過去分詞

295 trembling 4 [動詞] tremble(發抖;震顫) 的現在分詞

296 tricked 2 [動詞] trick(欺騙) 的過去式及過去分詞

297 trust 2 [動詞] 信任; [名詞] 信任,信賴;託管,信託

298 tugged 3 [動詞] tug(用力拉) 的過去式及過去分詞

299 ugly 2 [形容詞] 醜的

300 umbrella 2 [名詞] 雨傘

301 universe 2 [名詞] 宇宙

302 used 2 [形容詞] 習慣於; 舊的;用舊了的

303 utensil 6 [名詞] 器皿;用具

304 vitally 4 [形容詞] vital(充滿活力的;致命的) 的衍生的副詞

305 war 2 [名詞] 戰爭

306 warn 3 [動詞] 警告

307 weapons 3 [名詞] weapon(武器) 的複數

308 weird 5 [形容詞] 怪誕的

309 weirdest 5 [形容詞] weird(怪誕的) 的最高級

310 whatever 2 [形容詞] 無論怎麼的; [代名詞] 任何...的事物

311 wheelchair 5 [名詞] 輪椅

312 whipped 3 [動詞] whip(鞭笞,抽打) 的過去式及過去分詞

313 whispering 2 [動詞] whisper(低語,耳語) 的現在分詞

314 whole 2 [形容詞] 完整的; [名詞] 全部,全體;整體

315 wine 2 [名詞] 葡萄酒

316 wings 2 [名詞] wing(翅膀) 的複數

317 workbooks 2 [名詞] workbook(作業簿) 的複數

318 worse 2 [形容詞] 更壞的,更差的; [形容詞] ill(生病的) 的比較級; [副詞] 更壞,更糟,更厲害地; [名詞] 更糟的事

319 worshipped 5 [動詞] worship(崇拜;拜神;做禮拜) 的過去式及過去分詞





沒有留言:

張貼留言

Harry1AP26~P30

  I   know   they   don't ,"  said  Harry. " It   was   only   a   dream ." But   he   wished   he   hadn't   said   ...