2017年1月1日 星期日

英閱 Percy Jackson Ch 1 單字和考文

Ch 1 I ACCIDENTALLY VAPORIZE MY PRE-ALGEBRA TEACHER
第一章 我讓數學老師人間蒸發了
Look, I didn't want to be a half-blood.

If you're reading this because you think you might be one, my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever lie yourmom or dad told you about your birth, and try to lead a normal life.

Being a half-blood is dangerous. It's scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways.

If you're a normal kid, reading this because you think it's fiction, great. Read on. I envy you for being able to believe thatnone of this ever happened.

But if you recognize yourself in these pagesif you feel something stirring insidestop reading immediately. You might beone of us. And once you know that, it's only a matter of time before they sense it too, and they'll come for you.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

My name is Percy Jackson.

I'm twelve years old. Until a few months ago, I was a boarding student at YancyAcademy, a private school for troubled kids in upstate New York.

Am I a troubled kid?

Yeah. You could say that.

I could start at any point in my short miserable life to prove it, but things really started going bad last May, when our sixth-grade class took a field trip to Manhattan— twenty-eight mental-case kids and two teachers on a yellow school bus, headingto the Metropolitan Museum of Art to look at ancient Greek and Roman stuff.

I knowit sounds like torture. Most Yancy field trips were.

But Mr. Brunner, our Latin teacher, was leading this trip, so I had hopes.

Mr. Brunner was this middle-aged guy in a motorized wheelchair. He had thinning hair and a scruffy beard and a frayed tweed jacket, which always smelled like coffee. You wouldn't think he'd be cool, but he told stories and jokes and let us play gamesin class. He also had this awesome collection of Roman armor and weapons, so he was the only teacher whose class didn't putme to sleep.

I hoped the trip would be okay. At least, I hoped that for once I wouldn't get in trouble.

Boy, was I wrong.

See, bad things happen to me on field trips. Like at my fifth-grade school, when we went to the Saratoga battlefield, I hadthis accident with a Revolutionary War cannon. I wasn't aiming for the school bus, but of course I got expelled anyway. Andbefore that, at my fourth-grade school, when we took a behind-the-scenes tour of the Marine World shark pool, I sort of hitthe wrong lever on the catwalk and our class took an unplanned swim. And the time before that... Well, you get the idea.

This trip, I was determined to be good.

All the way into the city, I put up with Nancy Bobofit, the freckly, redheaded kleptomaniac girl, hitting my best friend Grover in the back of the head with chunks of peanut butter-and-ketchup sandwich.

Grover was an easy target. He was scrawny. He cried when he got frustrated. He must've been held back several grades, because he was the only sixth grader with acne and the start of a wispy beard on his chin. On top of all that, he was crippled. He had a note excusing him from PE for the rest of his life because he had some kind of muscular disease in his legs. Hewalked funny, like every step hurt him, but don't let that fool you. You should've seen him run when it was enchilada day inthe cafeteria.

Anyway, Nancy Bobofit was throwing wads of sandwich that stuck in his curly brown hair, and she knew I couldn't do anythingback to her because I was already on probation. The headmaster had threatened me with death by in-school suspension ifanything bad, embarrassing, or even mildly entertaining happened on this trip.

"I'm going to kill her," I mumbled.

Grover tried to calm me down. "It's okay. I like peanut butter."

He dodged another piece of Nancy's lunch.

"That's it." I started to get up, but Grover pulled me back to my seat.

"You're already on probation," he reminded me. "You know who'll get blamed if anything happens."

Looking back on it, I wish I'd decked Nancy Bobofit right then and there. In-school suspension would've been nothingcompared to the mess I was about to get myself into.

Mr. Brunner led the museum tour.

He rode up front in his wheelchair, guiding us through the big echoey galleries, past marble statues and glass cases full ofreally old black-and-orange pottery.

It blew my mind that this stuff had survived for two thousand, three thousand years.

He gathered us around a thirteen-foot-tall stone column with a big sphinx on the top, and started telling us how it was agrave marker, a stele, for a girl about our age. He told us about the carvings on the sides. I was trying to listen to what hehad to say, because it was kind of interesting, but everybody around me was talking, and every time I told them to shut up, the other teacher chaperone, Mrs. Dodds, would give me the evil eye.

Mrs. Dodds was this little math teacher from Georgia who always wore a black leather jacket, even though she was fifty yearsold. She looked mean enough to ride a Harley right into your locker. She had come to Yancy halfway through the year, whenour last math teacher had a nervous breakdown.

From her first day, Mrs. Dodds loved Nancy Bobofit and figured I was devil spawn. She would point her crooked finger at meand say, "Now, honey," real sweet, and I knew I was going to get after-school detention for a month.

One time, after she'd made me erase answers out of old math workbooks until midnight, I told Grover I didn't think Mrs. Dodds was human. He looked at me, real serious, and said, "You're absolutely right."

Mr. Brunner kept talking about Greek funeral art.

Finally, Nancy Bobofit snickered something about the naked guy on the stele, and I turned around and said, "Will you shutup?"

It came out louder than I meant it to.

The whole group laughed. Mr. Brunner stopped his story.

"Mr. Jackson," he said, "did you have a comment?"

My face was totally red. I said, "No, sir."

Mr. Brunner pointed to one of the pictures on the stele. "Perhaps you'll tell us what this picture represents?"

I looked at the carving, and felt a flush of relief, because I actually recognized it. "That's Kronos eating his kids, right?"

"Yes," Mr. Brunner said, obviously not satisfied. "And he did this because ..."

"Well..." I racked my brain to remember. "Kronos was the king god, and—"

"God?" Mr. Brunner asked.

"Titan," I corrected myself. "And ... he didn't trust his kids, who were the gods. So, um, Kronos ate them, right? But his wifehid baby Zeus, and gave Kronos a rock to eat instead. And later, when Zeus grew up, he tricked his dad, Kronos, into barfing up his brothers and sisters—"

"Eeew!" said one of the girls behind me.

"—and so there was this big fight between the gods and the Titans," I continued, "and the gods won."

Some snickers from the group.

Behind me, Nancy Bobofit mumbled to a friend, "Like we're going to use this in real life. Like it's going to say on our jobapplications, 'Please explain why Kronos ate his kids.'"

"And why, Mr. Jackson," Brunner said, "to paraphrase Miss Bobofit's excellent question, does this matter in real life?"

"Busted," Grover muttered.

"Shut up," Nancy hissed, her face even brighter red than her hair.

At least Nancy got packed, too. Mr. Brunner was the only one who ever caught her saying anything wrong. He had radar ears.

I thought about his question, and shrugged. "I don't know, sir."

"I see." Mr. Brunner looked disappointed. "Well, half credit, Mr. Jackson. Zeus did indeed feed Kronos a mixture of mustardand wine, which made him disgorge his other five children, who, of course, being immortal gods, had been living and growingup completely undigested in the Titan's stomach. The gods defeated their father, sliced him to pieces with his own scythe, andscattered his remains in Tartarus, the darkest part of the Underworld. On that happy note, it's time for lunch. Mrs. Dodds, would you lead us back outside?"

The class drifted off, the girls holding their stomachs, the guys pushing each other around and acting like doofuses.

Grover and I were about to follow when Mr. Brunner said, "Mr. Jackson."

I knew that was coming.

I told Grover to keep going. Then I turned toward Mr. Brunner. "Sir?"

Mr. Brunner had this look that wouldn't let you go intense brown eyes that could've been a thousand years old and had seeneverything.

"You must learn the answer to my question," Mr. Brunner told me.

"About the Titans?"

"About real life. And how your studies apply to it."

"Oh."

"What you learn from me," he said, "is vitally important. I expect you to treat it as such. I will accept only the best from you, Percy Jackson."

I wanted to get angry, this guy pushed me so hard.

I mean, sure, it was kind of cool on tournament days, when he dressed up in a suit of Roman armor and shouted: "What ho!'" and challenged us, sword-point against chalk, to run to the board and name every Greek and Roman person who had everlived, and their mother, and what god they worshipped. But Mr. Brunner expected me to be as good as everybody else, despite the fact that I have dyslexia and attention deficit disorder and I had never made above a C– in my life. Nohe didn'texpect me to be as good; he expected me to be better. And I just couldn't learn all those names and facts, much less spellthem correctly.

I mumbled something about trying harder, while Mr. Brunner took one long sad look at the stele, like he'd been at this girl's funeral.

He told me to go outside and eat my lunch.

The class gathered on the front steps of the museum, where we could watch the foot traffic along Fifth Avenue.

Overhead, a huge storm was brewing, with clouds blacker than I'd ever seen over the city. I figured maybe it was globalwarming or something, because the weather all across New York state had been weird since Christmas. We'd had massivesnow storms, flooding, wildfires from lightning strikes. I wouldn't have been surprised if this was a hurricane blowing in.

Nobody else seemed to notice. Some of the guys were pelting pigeons with Lunchables crackers. Nancy Bobofit was trying topickpocket something from a lady's purse, and, of course, Mrs. Dodds wasn't seeing a thing.

Grover and I sat on the edge of the fountain, away from the others. We thought that maybe if we did that, everybodywouldn't know we were from that schoolthe school for loser freaks who couldn't make it elsewhere.

" Detention?" Grover asked.

"Nah," I said. "Not from Brunner. I just wish he'd lay off me sometimes. I meanI'm not a genius."

Grover didn't say anything for a while. Then, when I thought he was going to give me some deep philosophical comment tomake me feel better, he said, "Can I have your apple?"

I didn't have much of an appetite, so I let him take it.

I watched the stream of cabs going down Fifth Avenue, and thought about my mom's apartment, only a little ways uptown from where we sat. I hadn't seen her since Christmas. I wanted so bad to jump in a taxi and head home. She'd hug me andbe glad to see me, but she'd be disappointed, too. She'd send me right back to Yancy, remind me that I had to try harder, even if this was my sixth school in six years and I was probably going to be kicked out again. I wouldn't be able to stand thatsad look she'd give me.
Mr. Brunner parked his wheelchair at the base of the handicapped ramp. He ate celery while he read a paperback novel. A redumbrella stuck up from the back of his chair, making it look like a motorized cafe table.

I was about to unwrap my sandwich when Nancy Bobofit appeared in front of me with her ugly friendsI guess she'd gottentired of stealing from the touristsand dumped her half-eaten lunch in Grover's lap.

"Oops." She grinned at me with her crooked teeth. Her freckles were orange, as if somebody had spray-painted her face withliquid Cheetos.

I tried to stay cool. The school counselor had told me a million times, "Count to ten, get control of your temper." But I was somad my mind went blank. A wave roared in my ears.

I don't remember touching her, but the next thing I knew, Nancy was sitting on her butt in the fountain, screaming, "Percy pushed me!"

Mrs. Dodds materialized next to us.

Some of the kids were whispering: "Did you see—"

"—the water—"

"—like it grabbed her—"

I didn't know what they were talking about. All I knew was that I was in trouble again.

As soon as Mrs. Dodds was sure poor little Nancy was okay, promising to get her a new shirt at the museum gift shop, etc., etc., Mrs. Dodds turned on me. There was a triumphant fire in her eyes, as if I'd done something she'd been waiting for allsemester. "Now, honey—"

"I know," I grumbled. "A month erasing workbooks."

That wasn't the right thing to say.

"Come with me," Mrs. Dodds said.

"Wait!" Grover yelped. "It was me. I pushed her."

I stared at him, stunned. I couldn't believe he was trying to cover for me. Mrs. Dodds scared Grover to death.

She glared at him so hard his whiskery chin trembled.

"I don't think so, Mr. Underwood," she said.

"But—"

"Youwillstayhere."

Grover looked at me desperately.

"It's okay, man," I told him. "Thanks for trying."

"Honey," Mrs. Dodds barked at me. "Now."

Nancy Bobofit smirked.

I gave her my deluxe I'll-kill-you-later stare. Then I turned to face Mrs. Dodds, but she wasn't there. She was standing at themuseum entrance, way at the top of the steps, gesturing impatiently at me to come on.

How'd she get there so fast?

I have moments like that a lot, when my brain falls asleep or something, and the next thing I know I've missed something, asif a puzzle piece fell out of the universe and left me staring at the blank place behind it. The school counselor told me this waspart of the ADHD, my brain misinterpreting things.

I wasn't so sure.

I went after Mrs. Dodds.

Halfway up the steps, I glanced back at Grover. He was looking pale, cutting his eyes between me and Mr. Brunner, like hewanted Mr. Brunner to notice what was going on, but Mr. Brunner was absorbed in his novel.

I looked back up. Mrs. Dodds had disappeared again. She was now inside the building, at the end of the entrance hall.

Okay, I thought. She's going to make me buy a new shirt for Nancy at the gift shop.

But apparently that wasn't the plan.

I followed her deeper into the museum. When I finally caught up to her, we were back in the Greek and Roman section.

Except for us, the gallery was empty.

Mrs. Dodds stood with her arms crossed in front of a big marble frieze of the Greek gods. She was making this weird noise inher throat, like growling.

Even without the noise, I would've been nervous. It's weird being alone with a teacher, especially Mrs. Dodds. Somethingabout the way she looked at the frieze, as if she wanted to pulverize it...

"You've been giving us problems, honey," she said.

I did the safe thing. I said, "Yes, ma'am."

She tugged on the cuffs of her leather jacket. "Did you really think you would get away with it?"

The look in her eyes was beyond mad. It was evil.

She's a teacher, I thought nervously. It's not like she's going to hurt me.

I said, "I'llI'll try harder, ma'am."

Thunder shook the building.

"We are not fools, Percy Jackson," Mrs. Dodds said. "It was only a matter of time before we found you out. Confess, and youwill suffer less pain."

I didn't know what she was talking about.

All I could think of was that the teachers must've found the illegal stash of candy I'd been selling out of my dorm room. Ormaybe they'd realized I got my essay on Tom Sawyer from the Internet without ever reading the book and now they weregoing to take away my grade. Or worse, they were going to make me read the book.

"Well?" she demanded.

"Ma'am, I don't..."

"Your time is up," she hissed.

Then the weirdest thing happened. Her eyes began to glow like barbecue coals. Her fingers stretched, turning into talons. Herjacket melted into large, leathery wings. She wasn't human. She was a shriveled hag with bat wings and claws and a mouthfull of yellow fangs, and she was about to slice me to ribbons.

Then things got even stranger.

Mr. Brunner, who'd been out in front of the museum a minute before, wheeled his chair into the doorway of the gallery, holding a pen in his hand.

"What ho, Percy!" he shouted, and tossed the pen through the air.

Mrs. Dodds lunged at me.

With a yelp, I dodged and felt talons slash the air next to my ear. I snatched the ballpoint pen out of the air, but when it hitmy hand, it wasn't a pen anymore. It was a swordMr. Brunner's bronze sword, which he always used on tournament day.

Mrs. Dodds spun toward me with a murderous look in her eyes.

My knees were jelly. My hands were shaking so bad I almost dropped the sword.

She snarled, "Die, honey!"

And she flew straight at me.

Absolute terror ran through my body. I did the only thing that came naturally: I swung the sword.

The metal blade hit her shoulder and passed clean through her body as if she were made of water. Hisss!

Mrs. Dodds was a sand castle in a power fan. She exploded into yellow powder, vaporized on the spot, leaving nothing but thesmell of sulfur and a dying screech and a chill of evil in the air, as if those two glowing red eyes were still watching me.

I was alone.

There was a ballpoint pen in my hand.

Mr. Brunner wasn't there. Nobody was there but me.

My hands were still trembling. My lunch must've been contaminated with magic mushrooms or something.

Had I imagined the whole thing?

I went back outside.

It had started to rain.

Grover was sitting by the fountain, a museum map tented over his head. Nancy Bobofit was still standing there, soaked fromher swim in the fountain, grumbling to her ugly friends. When she saw me, she said, "I hope Mrs. Kerr whipped your butt."

I said, "Who?"

"Our teacher. Duh!"

I blinked. We had no teacher named Mrs. Kerr. I asked Nancy what she was talking about.

She just rolled her eyes and turned away.

I asked Grover where Mrs. Dodds was.

He said, "Who?"

But he paused first, and he wouldn't look at me, so I thought he was messing with me.

"Not funny, man," I told him. "This is serious."

Thunder boomed overhead.

I saw Mr. Brunner sitting under his red umbrella, reading his book, as if he'd never moved.

I went over to him.

He looked up, a little distracted. "Ah, that would be my pen. Please bring your own writing utensil in the future, Mr. Jackson."

I handed Mr. Brunner his pen. I hadn't even realized I was still holding it.

"Sir," I said, "where's Mrs. Dodds?"

He stared at me blankly. "Who?"

"The other chaperone. Mrs. Dodds. The pre-algebra teacher."

He frowned and sat forward, looking mildly concerned. "Percy, there is no Mrs. Dodds on this trip. As far as I know, there hasnever been a Mrs. Dodds at YancyAcademy. Are you feeling all right?"
序號 英文 級數 中文
1 absolute 第四級 [形容詞] 絕對的;完全的; [名詞] 絕對事物;絕對
2 absolutely 第四級 absolute(絕對的;完全的) 的衍生的副詞; [副詞] 絕對地,完全地
3 absorbed 第四級 absorb(吸收(液體,氣體,光,聲等)) 的過去式及過去分詞
4 accept 第二級 [動詞] 接受
5 accident 第三級 [名詞] 事故;災禍
6 accidentally 第四級 accidental(偶然的;意外的) 的衍生的副詞
7 acne 第五級 [名詞] 粉刺
8 actually 第三級 actual(實際的;事實上的) 的衍生的副詞; [副詞] 實際上
9 advice 第三級 [名詞] 忠告
10 aiming 第二級 aim(瞄準,對準) 的現在分詞
11 algebra 第五級 [名詞] 代數
12 ancient 第二級 [形容詞] 古代的
13 anyway 第二級 [副詞] 不管怎樣
14 apartment 第二級 [名詞] 公寓
15 apparently 第三級 apparent(明顯的,顯而易見的) 的衍生的副詞; [副詞] 顯然地
16 appetite 第二級 [名詞] 胃口,食慾
17 applications 第四級 application(申請) 的複數
18 apply 第二級 [動詞] 塗,敷;應用
19 armor 第五級 [動詞] 穿盔甲(或加裝甲);提供防禦; [名詞] 盔甲;裝甲;(動、植物)保護層
20 arms 第二級 arm(用武器裝備;提供,配備; 武裝起來) 的第三人稱單數現在式; [名詞] 武器;戰爭;戰鬥;兵役; arm(手臂) 的複數
21 asleep 第二級 [形容詞] 睡著的
22 attention 第二級 [名詞] 注意;專心
23 avenue 第三級 [名詞] 大街,大道
24 awesome 第六級 [形容詞] 令人敬畏的;非凡的
25 barbecue 第二級 [動詞] (在戶外)烤,炙(肉類); [名詞] 烤肉
26 barked 第二級 bark(狗叫) 的過去式及過去分詞
27 beard 第二級 [名詞] 鬍子
28 being 第三級 be(是;要;有;在) 的現在分詞; [名詞] 存在;生存;生命;本質
29 beyond 第二級 [副詞] 在更遠處; [介系詞] 越出;晚於;在...那一邊
30 blade 第四級 [名詞] 刀片;葉片;葉片狀物
31 blamed 第三級 blame(歸咎於) 的過去式及過去分詞
32 blank 第二級 [形容詞] 空白的;空的,無內容的;茫然的; [名詞] 空白
33 blankly 第二級 blank(空白的;空的,無內容的;茫然的) 的衍生的副詞
34 blinked 第四級 blink(眨眼睛;閃爍) 的過去式及過去分詞
35 board 第二級 [動詞] 上車;上船; [名詞] 木板;膳食;車上;船上; 董事會
36 boarding 第二級 board(上車;上船) 的現在分詞
37 boomed 第五級 boom(發出隆隆聲;激增;暴漲;興旺) 的過去式及過去分詞
38 brain 第二級 [名詞] 腦;智力,頭腦
39 breakdown 第六級 [名詞] 故障;損壞;崩潰;分析
40 brewing 第六級 brew(釀造;醞釀著) 的現在分詞
41 bronze 第五級 [形容詞] 青銅製的;青銅色的; [名詞] 青銅;青銅製品;古銅色
42 cafeteria 第二級 [名詞] 自助餐館
43 calm 第二級 [形容詞] 寧靜的; [動詞] 變安靜;使鎮定; [名詞] 安靜;鎮定;平靜;無風
44 cannon 第五級 [動詞] 開砲;砲轟; [名詞] 大砲;榴彈砲; cannon(大砲;榴彈砲) 的複數
45 carving 第四級 carve(刻,雕刻) 的現在分詞
46 castle 第二級 [名詞] 城堡
47 celery 第五級 [名詞] 芹菜
48 chair 第五級 [動詞] 主持(會議);任(會議的)主席; [名詞] 椅子
49 chalk 第二級 [動詞] 使變白;畫出...的草圖;規劃;記下; [名詞] 粉筆
50 challenged 第三級 [形容詞] 殘障的(婉轉說法); challenge(對...提出異議) 的過去式及過去分詞
51 chill 第三級 [形容詞] 涼颼颼的; [動詞] 使變冷;使打寒顫;使掃興,使沮喪; [名詞] 寒冷,寒氣
52 chin 第二級 [名詞] 下巴
53 chunks 第六級 chunk((肉、木材等的)大塊;厚片) 的複數
54 claws 第二級 claw(用爪子抓) 的第三人稱單數現在式; claw((動物的)爪,腳爪;(蟹,蝦等的)鉗,螯) 的複數
55 coals 第二級 coal(煤) 的複數
56 collection 第三級 [名詞] 收集
57 column 第三級 [名詞] (報紙的)欄,段;行
58 comment 第四級 [動詞] 評論; [名詞] 評論
59 compared 第二級 [形容詞] 比較的;對照的; compare(比較) 的過去式及過去分詞
60 completely 第二級 complete(完整的;徹底的) 的衍生的副詞
61 concerned 第三級 [形容詞] 掛慮的,擔心的;有關的;參與的;關心的; concern(使擔心) 的過去式及過去分詞
62 confess 第四級 [動詞] 坦白,供認,承認
63 contaminated 第五級 contaminate(弄髒;污染) 的過去式及過去分詞
64 control 第二級 [動詞] 控制; [名詞] 支配;控制;操縱裝置;指揮部
65 counselor 第五級 [名詞] 顧問;(學生的)輔導員;律師
66 crackers 第五級 cracker((淡或鹹的)薄脆餅乾;鞭炮) 的複數
67 credit 第三級 [動詞] 把...記入貸方; [名詞] 信用;貸方
68 crippled 第四級 cripple(使成跛子;使殘廢) 的過去式及過去分詞
69 crooked 第六級 [形容詞] 彎曲的;欺詐的;不正派的; crook(使彎曲;成鉤形) 的過去式及過去分詞
70 crossed 第二級 cross(越過;渡過) 的過去式及過去分詞
71 dangerous 第二級 [形容詞] 危險的
72 defeated 第四級 defeat(戰勝,擊敗) 的過去式及過去分詞
73 demanded 第四級 demand(要求,請求) 的過去式及過去分詞
74 desperately 第四級 desperate(極度渴望的) 的衍生的副詞
75 despite 第四級 [介系詞] 不管,儘管,任憑
76 determined 第三級 [形容詞] 果斷的,決然的; determine(決定) 的過去式及過去分詞
77 devil 第三級 [名詞] 魔鬼,惡魔
78 disappeared 第二級 disappear(消失) 的過去式及過去分詞
79 disappointed 第三級 [形容詞] 失望的,沮喪的; disappoint(使失望) 的過去式及過去分詞
80 disease 第三級 [名詞] 病,疾病
81 disorder 第四級 [動詞] 使混亂;擾亂; [名詞] 混亂,無秩序; 不適,小病
82 distracted 第六級 distract(轉移(目標);使分心) 的過去式及過去分詞
83 dodged 第三級 dodge(閃開;迴避) 的過去式及過去分詞
84 doorway 第五級 [名詞] 出入口;門口
85 dorm 第四級 [名詞] 宿舍
86 dressed 第二級 [形容詞] 穿好衣服的;打扮好的; dress(穿著) 的過去式及過去分詞
87 drifted 第四級 drift(漂,漂流) 的過去式及過去分詞
88 dropped 第二級 drop((使)滴落;丟下) 的過去式及過去分詞
89 dumped 第三級 dump(傾倒;拋棄) 的過去式及過去分詞
90 dying 第四級 [形容詞] 垂死的;行將結束的;快熄滅的; dye(把...染上顏色) 的現在分詞; die(死) 的現在分詞
91 elsewhere 第四級 [副詞] 在別處;往別處
92 embarrassing 第四級 embarrass(使困窘) 的現在分詞
93 empty 第三級 [形容詞] 空的; [動詞] 倒空;流空
94 entertaining 第四級 entertain(招待,款待) 的現在分詞
95 entrance 第二級 [名詞] 入口
96 envy 第三級 [動詞] 羨慕;嫉妒; [名詞] 妒忌;羨慕
97 erase 第三級 [動詞] 擦掉,抹去
98 erasing 第三級 erase(擦掉,抹去) 的現在分詞
99 especially 第二級 [副詞] 特別地
100 essay 第四級 [名詞] 論說文;散文
101 evil 第三級 [形容詞] 邪惡的; [名詞] 邪惡,罪惡
102 excellent 第二級 [形容詞] 非常好的
103 excusing 第二級 excuse(原諒;借光) 的現在分詞
104 expect 第二級 [動詞] 期待
105 expected 第二級 expect(期待) 的過去式及過去分詞
106 expelled 第六級 expel(驅逐;排出;開除) 的過去式及過去分詞
107 explain 第二級 [動詞] 解釋
108 exploded 第三級 explode(使爆炸) 的過去式及過去分詞
109 fan 第三級 [動詞] 扇;煽動;激起; [名詞] 風扇;扇子;迷友
110 fiction 第四級 [名詞] 小說
111 field 第二級 [名詞] 原野;田賽場地;野外
112 figured 第二級 figure(估計;描繪) 的過去式及過去分詞
113 flooding 第二級 flood(淹沒;使泛濫) 的現在分詞; [名詞] 泛濫
114 flush 第四級 [動詞] 湧;湧流;用水沖洗; [名詞] 紅暈
115 fool 第二級 [動詞] 愚弄; [名詞] 呆子
116 fools 第二級 fool(愚弄) 的第三人稱單數現在式; fool(呆子) 的複數
117 forward 第二級 [形容詞] 前面的; [動詞] 轉遞; [副詞] 向前地; [名詞] 前鋒
118 found 第三級 [動詞] 建立;建造;鑄造;熔化; find(找到) 的過去式及過去分詞
119 fountain 第三級 [名詞] 泉水;噴泉;水源
120 freaks 第六級 freak(使瘋狂;使反常) 的第三人稱單數現在式; freak(畸形人(或動植物);反常現象;怪人) 的複數
121 frowned 第四級 frown(皺眉;表示不滿) 的過去式及過去分詞
122 frustrated 第三級 frustrate(挫敗;阻撓) 的過去式及過去分詞
123 funeral 第四級 [名詞] 喪葬,葬儀
124 future 第二級 [形容詞] 未來的,將來的;將來(時)的; [名詞] 未來
125 galleries 第四級 gallery(畫廊,美術館) 的複數
126 gallery 第四級 [名詞] 畫廊,美術館
127 gathered 第二級 gather(集合) 的過去式及過去分詞
128 genius 第四級 [名詞] 天才
129 gesturing 第三級 gesture(做手勢,用動作示意) 的現在分詞
130 glanced 第三級 glance(看一下,一瞥;掃視) 的過去式及過去分詞
131 glared 第五級 glare(怒目注視;眩目地照射) 的過去式及過去分詞
132 global 第三級 [形容詞] 全世界的
133 glow 第三級 [動詞] 發白熱光,灼熱; [名詞] 灼熱;光輝
134 glowing 第三級 glow(發白熱光,灼熱) 的現在分詞
135 grabbed 第三級 grab(攫取,抓取) 的過去式及過去分詞
136 grade 第二級 [動詞] 將...分等級;將...分類; [名詞] 年級;分數
137 grades 第二級 grade(將...分等級;將...分類) 的第三人稱單數現在式; grade(年級;分數) 的複數
138 grave 第四級 [形容詞] 嚴重的;嚴肅的,認真的; [名詞] 墓穴
139 grinned 第三級 grin(露齒而笑) 的過去式及過去分詞
140 growling 第五級 growl((狗等)嗥叫;(人)咆哮) 的現在分詞
141 grumbled 第五級 grumble(發牢騷;咕噥;發轟隆聲) 的過去式及過去分詞
142 grumbling 第五級 grumble(發牢騷;咕噥;發轟隆聲) 的現在分詞
143 guy 第二級 [名詞] 傢伙;人
144 guys 第二級 guy(傢伙;人) 的複數
145 hall 第二級 [名詞] 大廳;講堂
146 handicapped 第五級 [形容詞] 殘障的;智力低下的; handicap(妨礙,使不利) 的過去式及過去分詞
147 hid 第二級 hide(躲;隱藏) 的過去式; hide(躲;隱藏) 的過去分詞
148 hissed 第五級 hiss(發出嘶嘶聲;發出噓聲) 的過去式及過去分詞
149 honey 第二級 [名詞] 蜂蜜;心愛的人
150 hug 第三級 [動詞] 摟抱; [名詞] 緊抱;擁抱
151 hurricane 第四級 [名詞] 颶風,暴風雨
152 imagined 第二級 imagine(想像) 的過去式及過去分詞
153 immediately 第三級 immediate(即刻的) 的衍生的副詞; [副詞] 直接地;接近地
154 indeed 第三級 [副詞] 確實,實在
155 instead 第三級 [副詞] 反而,卻
156 intense 第四級 [形容詞] 強烈的,劇烈的
157 Internet 第四級 [名詞] 網際網路
158 jacket 第二級 [名詞] 夾克;外套
159 jelly 第三級 [名詞] 果凍;果醬
160 ketchup 第二級 [名詞] 番茄醬
161 lap 第二級 [名詞] 膝部;(衣,裙等的)下襬
162 lead 第四級 [動詞] 引導; [名詞] 指導;領先地位;線索,鉛筆心
163 leather 第三級 [名詞] 皮革
164 lightning 第二級 [名詞] 閃電
165 liquid 第二級 [名詞] 液體
166 locker 第四級 [名詞] (公共場所的)衣物櫃
167 loser 第二級 [名詞] 輸家
168 ma'am 第四級 [名詞] 女士
169 magic 第二級 [形容詞] 不可思議的;有魔力的; [名詞] 魔術
170 marble 第三級 [名詞] 大理石
171 marine 第五級 [形容詞] 海的;海生的;海軍陸戰隊的; [名詞] 船舶;海運業;海軍陸戰隊隊員
172 massive 第五級 [形容詞] 厚實的;粗大的;大量的
173 math 第三級 [名詞] 數學
174 melted 第三級 melt(融化;熔化) 的過去式; melt(融化;熔化) 的過去分詞
175 mental 第三級 [形容詞] 精神的,心理的
176 mess 第三級 [動詞] 弄髒,弄亂; [名詞] 混亂,凌亂的狀態
177 messing 第三級 mess(弄髒,弄亂) 的現在分詞
178 metal 第二級 [名詞] 金屬
179 metropolitan 第六級 [形容詞] 大都市的; [名詞] 大城市人
180 might 第三級 may(可能) 的過去式; [助動詞] may的過去式; [名詞] 力量,威力
181 mildly 第四級 mild(溫和的,溫柔的) 的衍生的副詞
182 million 第二級 [名詞] 百萬; million(百萬) 的複數
183 miserable 第四級 [形容詞] 悽慘的;悲哀的
184 mixture 第三級 [名詞] 混合,混和
185 mumbled 第五級 mumble(含糊地說;咕噥) 的過去式及過去分詞
186 muscular 第五級 [形容詞] 肌肉的;健壯的
187 museum 第二級 [名詞] 博物館
188 mushrooms 第三級 mushroom(雨後春筍般地湧現) 的第三人稱單數現在式; mushroom(蘑菇) 的複數
189 mustard 第五級 [名詞] 芥末;芥菜;芥末色
190 muttered 第五級 mutter(咕噥;抱怨) 的過去式及過去分詞
191 naked 第二級 [形容詞] 裸體的
192 nasty 第五級 [形容詞] 齷齪的;卑鄙的;難處理的
193 naturally 第二級 natural(天然的) 的衍生的副詞; [副詞] 天然地;自然地;當然
194 nervous 第三級 [形容詞] 緊張的
195 nervously 第三級 nervous(緊張的) 的衍生的副詞
196 nobody 第二級 [名詞] 無名小子; [代名詞] 無人
197 none 第二級 [副詞] 毫不,決不; [代名詞] 毫無;無一(人或物)
198 normal 第三級 [形容詞] 正常的,正規的
199 novel 第二級 [形容詞] 新的,新穎的,新奇的; [名詞] 小說
200 obviously 第三級 obvious(明顯的;顯著的) 的衍生的副詞; [副詞] 明顯地;顯然地
201 overhead 第六級 [形容詞] 在上頭的;高架的; [副詞] 在頭頂上;在上頭;高高地; [名詞] 經常費用;天花板
202 packed 第二級 [形容詞] 塞得滿滿的,擁擠的; pack(包裝) 的過去式及過去分詞
203 pain 第二級 [動詞] 使煩惱,使痛苦;使疼痛; [名詞] 疼痛;痛苦
204 painful 第二級 [形容詞] 痛的
205 pale 第三級 [形容詞] 蒼白的;黯淡的
206 paused 第三級 pause(中止) 的過去式及過去分詞
207 peanut 第二級 [名詞] 花生;花生果;花生米
208 philosophical 第四級 [形容詞] 哲學的
209 pickpocket 第四級 [名詞] 扒手
210 pigeons 第二級 pigeon(鴿子) 的複數
211 pottery 第三級 [名詞] 陶器
212 powder 第三級 [動詞] 變成粉末;搽粉; [名詞] 粉
213 private 第二級 [形容詞] 私人的
214 probably 第三級 probable(很可能發生的) 的衍生的副詞; [副詞] 可能地
215 promising 第二級 [形容詞] 有希望的,有前途的; promise(答應) 的現在分詞
216 purse 第二級 [名詞] 錢包
217 puzzle 第二級 [動詞] 使迷惑; [名詞] 謎
218 racked 第五級 rack(把...放在架子上) 的過去式及過去分詞
219 radar 第三級 [名詞] 雷達
220 realized 第二級 realize(認知;實現) 的過去式及過去分詞
221 recognize 第三級 [動詞] 識別;認識;承認
222 recognized 第三級 recognize(識別;認識;承認) 的過去式及過去分詞
223 relief 第三級 [名詞] 緩和,減輕;解除
224 remains 第三級 remain(剩下,餘留) 的第三人稱單數現在式; [名詞] 剩餘(物);遺跡;遺體
225 remind 第三級 [動詞] 提醒
226 reminded 第三級 remind(提醒) 的過去式及過去分詞
227 represents 第三級 represent(象徵;表示) 的第三人稱單數現在式
228 revolutionary 第四級 [形容詞] 革命的; [名詞] 革命者
229 ribbons 第三級 ribbon(緞帶;絲帶) 的複數
230 roared 第三級 roar(吼叫;大聲叫喊;狂笑) 的過去式及過去分詞
231 rock 第二級 [動詞] 搖動; [名詞] 岩石;搖滾樂
232 sandwich 第二級 [動詞] 將..夾在中間,擠進; [名詞] 三明治
233 satisfied 第二級 [形容詞] 感到滿意的; satisfy(使滿意) 的過去式及過去分詞
234 scary 第三級 [形容詞] 膽小的;提心吊膽的
235 scattered 第三級 [形容詞] 散亂的;散佈的; scatter(使分散;使潰散) 的過去式及過去分詞
236 screaming 第三級 scream(尖叫;放聲大哭) 的現在分詞
237 section 第二級 [動詞] 把...分成段(或組等);將...切片; [名詞] 節;斷面
238 semester 第二級 [名詞] 學期
239 serious 第二級 [形容詞] 嚴肅的;嚴重的;認真的
240 shrugged 第四級 shrug(聳(肩)) 的過去式及過去分詞
241 slash 第六級 [動詞] (用刀;劍等)砍;大幅度削減; [名詞] 猛砍;亂砍;大幅度削減
242 slice 第三級 [動詞] 切成薄片; [名詞] 薄片
243 sliced 第三級 slice(切成薄片) 的過去式及過去分詞
244 snarled 第五級 snarl(吠;咆哮;纏結) 的過去式及過去分詞
245 snatched 第五級 snatch(奪走;抓住) 的過去式及過去分詞
246 soaked 第五級 soak(浸泡;使濕透) 的過去式及過去分詞
247 somebody 第二級 [名詞] 某人;有名氣的人; [代名詞] 某人
248 sort 第二級 [動詞] 把...分類; [名詞] 類型;排序
249 spot 第二級 [動詞] 沾污;察出; [名詞] 斑點;場所
250 spray 第三級 [動詞] 噴灑,噴塗; [名詞] 浪花;噴霧
251 spun 第三級 spin(使(陀螺等)旋轉) 的過去式及過去分詞
252 stare 第三級 [動詞] 盯,凝視; [名詞] 凝視,注視
253 stared 第三級 stare(盯,凝視) 的過去式及過去分詞
254 staring 第三級 stare(盯,凝視) 的現在分詞
255 statues 第三級 statue(雕像,塑像) 的複數
256 stealing 第二級 steal(偷竊) 的現在分詞
257 stirring 第三級 stir(攪拌,攪動) 的現在分詞
258 stomach 第三級 [名詞] 胃
259 stomachs 第三級 stomach(胃) 的複數
260 storm 第二級 [動詞] 猛攻; [名詞] 暴風雨
261 storms 第二級 storm(猛攻) 的第三人稱單數現在式; storm(暴風雨) 的複數
262 straight 第二級 [形容詞] 直的; [副詞] 直,挺直地;正直地;立刻; [名詞] 直,挺直;(紙牌)五張順牌
263 stranger 第二級 strange(奇怪的) 的比較級; [名詞] 陌生人
264 stream 第二級 [動詞] 流;蜂擁而進; [名詞] 溪流
265 stretched 第二級 stretch(舒展肢體,伸懶腰) 的過去式及過去分詞
266 strikes 第二級 strike(打擊;(鐘)敲響) 的第三人稱單數現在式; strike(攻擊;罷工) 的複數
267 stuck 第二級 stick(黏貼;刺;戮;釘住;插牢;堅持) 的過去式及過去分詞
268 stuff 第三級 [動詞] 裝;填;塞; [名詞] 材料,原料;物品
269 stunned 第五級 stun(使昏迷;使大吃一驚) 的過去式及過去分詞
270 suffer 第三級 [動詞] 遭受;經歷;受苦;患病
271 suit 第二級 [動詞] 適合;相稱;彼此協調; [名詞] 一套衣服;訴訟
272 sulfur 第五級 [名詞] 硫(磺);硫磺色
273 survived 第二級 survive(在...之後仍然活著) 的過去式及過去分詞
274 suspension 第六級 [名詞] 暫停;中止;停職
275 sword 第三級 [名詞] 劍,刀
276 swung 第二級 swing(搖擺;揮動) 的過去式及過去分詞
277 target 第二級 [動詞] 把...作為目標(或對象); [名詞] 目標
278 teeth 第二級 tooth(牙齒) 的複數
279 temper 第三級 [動詞] 鍛鍊; [名詞] 情緒;脾氣;暴躁
280 terror 第四級 [名詞] 恐怖,驚駭
281 threatened 第三級 threaten(威脅,恐嚇) 的過去式及過去分詞
282 throat 第二級 [名詞] 喉嚨
283 through 第二級 [副詞] 穿過,通過;從頭至尾;(電話)接通; [介系詞] 經過
284 thunder 第二級 [動詞] 打雷;大聲斥責;威嚇; [名詞] 雷
285 torture 第五級 [動詞] 拷打;拷問;折磨; [名詞] 拷打;酷刑;折磨
286 tossed 第三級 toss(拋,扔,投) 的過去式及過去分詞
287 tour 第二級 [動詞] 帶...作巡迴演出; [名詞] 旅行
288 tourists 第三級 tourist(旅遊者,觀光者) 的複數
289 tournament 第五級 [名詞] 比賽;錦標賽
290 traffic 第二級 [動詞] 在...上通行;交易,來來往往; [名詞] 交通
291 treat 第二級 [動詞] 對待;治療; [名詞] 款待
292 trembled 第三級 tremble(發抖;震顫) 的過去式及過去分詞
293 trembling 第三級 tremble(發抖;震顫) 的現在分詞
294 tricked 第二級 trick(欺騙) 的過去式及過去分詞
295 triumphant 第六級 [形容詞] 勝利的;得意洋洋的
296 trust 第二級 [動詞] 信任; [名詞] 信任,信賴;託管,信託
297 tugged 第三級 tug(用力拉) 的過去式及過去分詞
298 ugly 第二級 [形容詞] 醜的
299 umbrella 第二級 [名詞] 雨傘
300 universe 第三級 [名詞] 宇宙
301 used 第二級 [形容詞] 習慣於; 舊的;用舊了的; use(利用) 的過去式及過去分詞
302 utensil 第六級 [名詞] 器皿;用具
303 vitally 第四級 vital(充滿活力的;致命的) 的衍生的副詞
304 warn 第三級 [動詞] 警告
305 wave 第二級 [動詞] 揮動; [名詞] 波浪
306 weapons 第二級 weapon(武器) 的複數
307 weird 第五級 [形容詞] 怪誕的
308 weirdest 第五級 weird(怪誕的) 的最高級
309 whatever 第二級 [形容詞] 無論怎麼的; [代名詞] 任何...的事物
310 wheelchair 第五級 [名詞] 輪椅
311 wheeled 第二級 wheel(旋轉,轉動) 的過去式及過去分詞
312 whipped 第三級 whip(鞭笞,抽打) 的過去式及過去分詞
313 whispering 第二級 whisper(低語,耳語) 的現在分詞
314 wings 第二級 wing(在...裝翼;飛行) 的第三人稱單數現在式; wing(翅膀) 的複數
315 without 第二級 [副詞] 在沒有(或缺少)的情況下; [介系詞] 沒有
316 worse 第二級 [形容詞] 更壞的,更差的; bad(壞的) 的比較級; ill(生病的) 的比較級; [副詞] 更壞,更糟,更厲害地; [名詞] 更糟的事
317 worshipped 第五級 worship(崇拜;拜神;做禮拜) 的過去式及過去分詞

沒有留言:

張貼留言

Harry1AP26~P30

  I   know   they   don't ,"  said  Harry. " It   was   only   a   dream ." But   he   wished   he   hadn't   said   ...